Where Kids Come First
We have served families in the Mandarin area as an outreach ministry of First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) since 1983. We offer a family-friendly atmosphere where parents are invited to join us in the teaching process. Our staff is composed of mature, caring Christians who are dedicated to serving the needs of the children entrusted to them.
Classes are available for ages one to four, including two classes at the VPK level. We consider all children for admission regardless of race, religious affiliation, or ability. Feel free to drop in for a visit or schedule an appointment to tour our preschool. Our doors are open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Early childhood experiences shape a child’s capacity to develop and learn. Children have a natural curiosity that must be nurtured through a loving, yet stimulating environment. First Christian Preschool believes that the best resource for such an environment is the love that Jesus Christ exemplified through his life and teachings. We strive to provide a Christian atmosphere where each child can develop a sense of value and worth.
Our program considers every child’s academic, social, and behavioral skills, as well as physical, developmental, and spiritual needs. We encourage close relationships between our staff, parents, and children. We wish to create a strong support system so that each child feels a bond between home, school, and faith. Although we are an outreach ministry of First Christian Church, we will not divert any child from his or her beliefs.
Our mission at First Christian Preschool is to provide a nurturing environment and a Christian program where children can grow and develop into unique individuals.
Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)
First Christian Preschool was founded in 1983 as an educational ministry of First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The congregation felt that there was a vital need within the Mandarin community for a faith-based preschool. The ministry began as a “mother’s day out” program three days a week. It has expanded over the years to become a full preschool offering up to five days for ages three and up as well as part time schedules for ages one and up. As of 2006, First Christian Preschool became a provider of the state funded VPK program.
Why Choose First Christian Preschool?
- A program that has been recognized as “Best Preschool Program” by North Florida Families Magazine
- A program recognized by CDEA in 2014 for work in christian ministries
- A program that teaches “the whole child”
- A staff of mature, caring and educated professionals
- A very low staff turnover (most have been here 10+ years!)
- A low student-teacher ratio
- Two large play areas
- Resource classes for music and chapel included in tuition
- Spanish enrichment program available for ages three and four
- “Links to Literacy” curriculum
- A family friendly atmosphere
- Teaching and modeling of Christian values
- A VPK program at no cost to parents and 100% Kindergarten readiness rates
- Traditional classroom settings